Coffee Party Board Minutes December 13, 2017

by vincelamb

Minutes of the Coffee Party USA Board of Directors meeting on December 13, 2017

Present: Charlotte Vaughan Coyle, Heather Prabish, Kevin Watford, Vince Lamb, Debilyn Molineaux, and Bobby Rodrigo.

Absent:  Jeanene Louden and Egberto Willies.

Charlotte called the meeting to order at 8:05 P.M. E.S.T.

Members checked in.

Charlotte reported that the November minutes have been approved and posted to the WordPress blog.

Debilyn reported that Public Relations sent out a consent email.  This is the second step of five in improving our email reputation.  She will get a final report on Friday.  Her preliminary report is that the email elicited a $45 donation, but also 212 unsubscribes and 1000 bounces.  The email did have a 12% open rate, which is better than normal.  She was also asked a question about our Twitter account; it needs to be set to post from our Facebook account.  Debilyn and Bobby are working on this issue.

Vince reported that the board approved the collaboration with GiveVoice’s Protecting Nonprofit Nonpartisanship community letter in support of nonpartisanship on the Facebook group.  He signed the letter on behalf of the Coffee Party.  He told the Partnerships Work Group Leader that she needs to contact Charlotte to schedule the Work Group Call on the Coffee Party Zoom account. He will put her in contact with Charlotte.

Heather reported that she has not yet received an additional report from TurboVote, particularly on registrations through the site the Voter Registration Day.  She will find and share the results from VRD.

Charlotte led a discussion about the Coffee Party’s Hootsuite account and linked to the relevant settings page on the Join the Coffee Party Movement Facebook page.  Bobby described the history of the account, which predates his presence on the board.  Bobby will look at the settings and report back to the board.

Charlotte asked Debilyn about getting emails to the members.  Debilyn will take this back to PR and get back to the board.

Bobby asked about the issues Jeanene and others are having with ScoopIt.  This seems to be a result of cancelling the Coffee Party ScoopIt account.

Charlotte asked “How are we doing communicating with our Coffee Party Voice?” on the Join the Coffee Party Movement Facebook page.  A lively discussion ensued.  There seems to be an issue with particular posters not being civil and objective.

Kevin will prepare a financial report for next week’s meeting.

Charlotte reviewed the upcoming dates for working group and monthly business meetings.

Members checked out.

The meeting adjourned at 8:57 P.M. E.S.T.

The next meeting will be on January 10, 2018 at 8:00 P.M. E.S.T.

Respectfully submitted,

Vince Lamb, Interim Secretary

Advertisements