Coffee Party Board Minutes October 11, 2017

by vincelamb

Minutes of the Coffee Party USA Board of Directors meeting on October 11, 2017

Present: Charlotte Vaughan Coyle, Heather Prabish, Vince Lamb, Jeanene Louden, Kevin Watford.

Absent: Debilyn Molineaux, Bobby Rodrigo,Egberto Willies.

Charlotte called to order at 8:04 P.M. E.D.T.

Members checked in.

Charlotte discussed the discrepancy between the Zoom link on the agenda and the one in the invitation for the meeting that Vince pointed out.  The issues with Zoom will continue to be worked out during the transition, which may take more than the two months planned for.

Vince reported that the September minutes have been approved and are ready to post to the WordPress blog.  The minutes for the business meeting during the retreat have been approved but still need one more director to approve, amend, or abstain before he will post them to the WordPress blog.

Kevin updated the directors on the finances.  He and Jeanene are working on the organization’s taxes.  They will file an extension while they do so, which should give them three months, but they expect taxes will be filed by next month.  Kevin asked the directors to remind him of any recurring expenses.  Heather asked when Maestro renews next.  Kevin will get back to the board by the end of the meeting.  He reminded directors not to put any Coffee Party expenses on their personal credit cards, both to protect themselves as well as the organization.  He will work on getting Coffee Party credit cards to Charlotte and Heather for organizational expenses.  Jeanene reminded us about the provision in the By-Laws that the organization cannot lend money to directors.

Vince reported that Partnerships Work Group recommended the Listen First Project for a partnership.  Heather reported on the organization.  Vince moved that the Coffee Party pursue a partnership with the Listen First Project.  Heather seconded.  The motion passed 5-0 with Debilyn, Bobby, and Egberto absent.  Heather will publish the partners page.  Vince reminded the directors that they had approved a partnership/collaboration with National Voter Registration Day on the Facebook page.

Charlotte reviewed the proposed changes in the By-Laws and invited all the directors to examine them with her.  Jeanene assisted Charlotte in this review and pointed out the issues she saw as important or unresolved, including members versus donors and the proposed addition of in-kind memberships.  Charlotte invited the directors to continue their review after the formal meeting ends in the Facebook group.  She will also post the link to the revised job descriptions in the Facebook page.

Members checked out.

The meeting adjourned at 9:03 P.M. E.D.T.

The next meeting will be on November 8, 2017 at 8:00 P.M. E.S.T.

Respectfully submitted,

Vince Lamb, Interim Secretary

Advertisements