June 9, 2015
June 9, 2015
P-Billy Sears (left early)
Meeting was called to order at 8:02 PM Eastern / 5:02 PM. Pacific. Directors checked in and, in the absence of Secretary Vince Lamb, President Debilyn Molineaux took meeting notes.
Minutes from the previous board meeting, May 12, 2015, were approved.
Treasurer’s Report (Jeanene Louden):
- At the close of May, Coffee Party P/R and B/S show a positive cash flow of $1,500. This is the best report since Jeanene became treasurer in January 2013.
- The IRS has made an inquiry regarding 2012 payroll reports. Jeanene will respond to the IRS by June 30th. This is just another example of the poor job ADP did in handling our past payroll. Note: we have not had employees since FY12/13 and we are still trying to clean up the mess created by ADP!
Elections Report (Vince Lamb via report):
- Board Development Committee recommends that candidate Mark Gilbert for the position of Director of Campaigns and Actions. No other candidates were recommended.
Motion to accept the Committee’s Report: made by Bobby Rodrigo and seconded by Egberto Willies. Motion passed unanimously. Director Billy Sears and Secretary Vince Lamb were absent.
Membership Report (Debilyn Molineaux and Tim Danahey)
- Dues paying membership has grown by over 25% in the last 12 months.
Campaigns Report (Debilyn)
- Monthly events are scheduled through September.
Newsroom Report (Egberto Willies)
- Vacations have stretched the team, and those filling in are busy vetting and posting recommended articles. Our Facebook presence continues to grow: just under 200K more likes than a year ago.
Partnership Report (Vince Lamb via report)
- The Coffee Party USA has been asked to endorse Fair Elections during a work session on June 2 and is recorded here:
Motion to approve the endorsement: made by Vince Lamb, second by Debilyn Molineaux. Board voted unanimously to approve. Billy Sears was absent.
- Common Ground Texas has asked to collaborate with us. Egberto Willies will be the point person.
Internet Infrastructure (Bobby Rodrigo)
- Blogtalkradio how listenership is improving since postings have been added to the main Facebook page.
- The team is exploring using a WordPress “front-end” for the next website overhaul and maintaining Nationbuilder as the “back-end”.
- Radio show listings have been added to the website.
The Board entered Executive Session at 6:55 p.m. Pacific and exited at 6:59 p.m. Pacific, having made no motions.
Schedule Next Meeting and Adjourn
The next meeting will be held July 14, 2015 at 8pm Eastern. Directors checked out. The meeting was adjourned at 7:03 p.m.
Respectfully submitted: Debilyn Molineaux, President
Approved July 14, 2015