March 4, 2015
Call to Order and Note of Attendance
- P – Debilyn Molineaux (President, IIWG, Volunteers, SAI, Channels)
- P – Jeanene Louden (Treasurer, Legal/Accounting, Acting Fundraising)
- P – Vince Lamb (Secretary and Board Development)
- P – Bobby Rodrigo (Internet Infrastructure)
- A – Egberto Willies (Newsroom)
- A – Billy Sears, (Community Actions and Engagement)
- A – Tim Danahey (Public and Member Relations)
The meeting was called to order at: 6:10 PM PST/9:10 PM EST. Debilyn presided and Jeanene ran the Maestro Board. Members checked in and welcomed Bobby Rodrigo to the Board of Directors.
Debilyn reported that she will be in New York City next week for the National Conference of Independents. Independent Voters will provide a table for the Coffee Party. Debilyn will report on the conference at the next business meeting.
Debilyn sent out the first email to notify the members, potential members, and potential candidates about the board elections.
Vince reported that the minutes for the February 11, 2015 have been shared with the board members and have three signatures so far. One more signature is needed for approval.
He also reported on two votes taken on the Board of Directors Facebook page.
1) The Board voted unanimously to accept the by-laws review document from the attorney on February 17th. The motion was moved by Jeanene, seconded by Debilyn, and approved 6-0.
2) The Board voted unanimously to appoint Bobby Rodrigo as the director in charge of Internet Infrastructure on February 28th. The motion was moved by Debilyn, seconded by Egberto, and approved 6-0.
Jeanene reported that she did not have the Treasurer’s Report ready, but that she would be able to provide January and February Financials on Monday or Tuesday on the Board of Directors Facebook Group. She reported that the bills have been paid and the credit card has also been paid off. Most members whose membership has been up for renewal have renewed and that there are new memberships coming in. She is working on a process to alert people of their up-coming automatic renewal.
New Project Presentations for Approval
Debilyn reported in writing about the Coffee Party App. Eryn is ready to proceed on it. Jeanene will draft a Letter of Understanding with details for Board to vote on at the Board of Directors Facebook group.
Debilyn also reported on the progress of the I ❤ America t-shirts. Jeanene will draft a Letter of Understanding with details for Board to vote on at the Board of Directors Facebook group. Debilyn asked if t-shirts should be used as a membership premium in March. She also reported that Eryn is also ready to proceed.
- Debilyn reported that Bobby is taking over the Website.
- There was no Book Club report, as Billy was absent.
- Debilyn listed the vacancies on the board that can be filled with appointments.
- Debilyn reported that she shared access to the Calendar of Opportunity with a staffer from the Transpartisan Movement, who has been maintaining it and is adding events to the calendar.
- Bobby suggested that the Coffee Party participate in Hemp History Month. He justified this as an opportunity to interface with other groups and recruit members. Debilyn asked Bobby to write up a proposal and submit it for consideration at the next meeting.
The board entered executive session. The board exited executive session having made no motions.
Schedule Next Meeting and Adjourn
The next formal meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 9:00 PM EDT/6:00 PM PDT. The members checked out. The meeting adjourned at 10:00 PM EST/7:00 PM PT.
Respectfully submitted, Vince Lamb, Coffee Party USA Board Secretary
Approved April 1, 2015