December 30, 2014
- P – Debilyn Molineaux (President, IIWG, Volunteers, SAI, Channels)
- P – Jeanene Louden (Treasurer, Legal/Accounting, Acting Campaigns and Actions)
- P – Vince Lamb (Secretary and Board Development)
- P – Egberto Willies (Newsroom)
- L – Billy Sears, (Community Actions and Engagement)
- A – Tim Danahey (Public and Member Relations)
Debilyn called the meeting to order at 6:04 Pacific. Jeanene ran the Maestro board and led us through check-ins.
President’s Report – Debilyn
A Complaint has been filed against us in Washington DC. Our D&O insurance has appointed legal counsel to represent us.
Secretary’s Report – Vince
The December 10th minutes were approved at meeting time. The December 17 minutes are awaiting approval. Jeanene has posted all approved minutes to date. BIG THANK YOU!
A volunteer from the Newsroom Workgroup has asked for an application to be a candidate for one of the vacant seats on the Board.
The Elections Task Force had its first call on December 21st. Debilyn will head up the upcoming elections because Vince is running for office. The elections timeline is being expanded from the dates approved in 2014 for the 2015 elections.
A final recommendation for Bylaws amendments should be available from for Board review / comment / and approval next week.
Community Actions & Engagement (combined WG of Campaigns & Actions plus Community Outreach and Engagement)
Book Club – Billy
- So far 87 people have RSVPed for the January 26th event, half from Facebook and half from the email blast. Jeanene asked about the timing of FB posts about Book Club. Billy said he is now coordinating with the Newsroom Workgroup to spread the message over time slots and on the half hour rather than on the hour. Tim has agreed to do a Cook Club commercial.
- AR Billy – Send Tim Book Club info for commercial.
Newsroom – Egberto
Our engagement numbers are down but still good. The holiday lull, less frequent posts and perhaps fewer people on FB? The team is still addressing the need for more original content.
Public and Member Relations Egberto for Tim, not present due to weather challenges.
Newsletter deadlines are on the 10th and 25th of every month. (Today is the 30th!) We reviewed the list of articles submitted. Those who had not yet submitted were asked to get items in ASAP. Egberto asked that items be submitted to him and to Tim simultaneously.
Internet Infrastructure – Debilyn
The draft website was discussed and a link for preview was provided. Debilyn asked for additional help with both migration of current content and creation of more original content.
AR-Debilyn to recruit volunteers to assist with database cleanup.
The next meeting is scheduled for January 7, 2015 at 9PM Eastern / 6PM Pacific. Jeanene led us through check outs.