October 15, 2014

by JKL

  • L – Debilyn Molineaux, President, Volunteers & Members
  • P – Jeanene Louden, Treasurer
  • P – Vince Lamb, Secretary
  • A – Tim Danahey, Public and Member Relations
  • A – Tonya Jefferson, Channel Partnerships
  • P – Cameron Michaels (Kruger), IIWG Director, Acting Development
  • P – Billy Sears, Community Groups
  • L – Egberto Willies, Newsroom

Opening

The meeting was called to order at 9:06 PM EDT.

The meeting began with Jeanene presiding and Vince running the Maestro Board.  When Debilyn joined the call at 9:25, she took over running the meeting and Jeanene took over running the Maestro Board.

Members checked in.

American Journey Movie Night

Billy reported on Coffee Party Movie Night.  He has been shipping out orders, between 25 and 30 so far.  He stated that the organization has broken even on the DVDs and estimated that it has made $100 on the event so far.  He wants the board members to watch “American Journey” as well so they can lead by example.

Jeanene reported that Debilyn was going to host the BlogTalkRadio interview with the film’s creators on the 25th.

Minutes

Vince reported that minutes from October 1, 2014, have been posted for review and approval.  All previous minutes have been approved and posted by Jeanene to the blog.

Treasurer

Jeanene reported that the internal audit continues. There should be no issue in filing the organization’s Form 990 (non-profit tax return) on time.  She also reported that CT Corporation has failed the Coffee Party again, as it sent IRS information to the person who was Treasurer in 2010, two treasurers ago, so we have asked our lawyer for recommendations for another D.C.-based firm as the organization’s registered agent.

Weekly Meetings

Debilyn joined the call at this point.  She led a discussion about the possibility of the board resuming having weekly meetings.  It was a consensus decision of the members present that weekly meetings resume beginning October 22nd.

IIWG

Billy reported that Jordan needs Google Analytics for website (Debilyn/Egberto has this information).  Jordan also questioned for timeline for new content, including the newsletter.

Debilyn will follow up with information about what is new content and what is will be created (mostly Community Outreach & Engagement).  Jordan and Billy will work on fixing the broken links.  They are currently working to improve website, cleaning up the storefront.

Community Groups

Billy reported that he was going to meet with Jeanene and Debilyn to coordinate the filmmaker interview.

Newsroom

Jeanene and Debilyn reported that the Newsroom is still looking for more volunteers so that the current work group members are not overworked.  The group’s goal is 1,000,000 views per week.

Egberto joined the call.

Volunteers

Debilyn reminded the us that there is a document listing potential volunteers who have been vetted and need to be contacted by Board members and work group chairs to help.  She asked if work group calls should be scheduled.

Executive Session

The board entered executive session.  The board left executive session with no action taken.

Closing

Members checked out.

The meeting was adjourned at 10:08 PM EDT.

The next meeting is Wednesday, October 22nd at 9 pm ET / 6 pm PT.

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Vince Lamb

Coffee Party USA Board Secretary

Advertisements