November 12, 2014

by JKL

  • P – Debilyn Molineaux, President
  • P – Jeanene Louden, Treasurer
  • P – Vince Lamb, Secretary
  • P – Tim Danahey, Public and Member Relations
  • P – Billy Sears, Community Groups
  • P – Egberto Willies, Newsroom

Opening

The meeting was called to order at 9:04 PM EDT.

Debilyn presided and Jeanene ran the Maestro Board.

Members checked in.

Resignation

Debilyn reported that Tonya Jefferson has resigned, effective immediately. Tonya told Debilyn that her schedule does not allow her to fully participate. We set up a Facebook chat to thank Tonya for her for her service.

Minutes

Vince reported that the minutes for October 29th have been approved.  The minutes for November 5th have been posted and are awaiting review and approval.  Jeanene is still updating the WordPress blog. Debilyn will change the board website to include a link to WordPress only, removing the minutes by date.

Planning

Directors brainstormed ideas for monthly events and how to get the news about these events out to the membership. Tim proposed a project about the GAO board, calculating subsidies to know what cost is to cities. We engaged in a conversation about supporting the project and what that would mean as well as how to engage the membership. Tim will write a proposal and bring it back to the board at a future meeting.

Reports

Newsroom

Egberto reported that the page has achieved a reach of 10 million views this week.  The Newsroom team is working very well. There are currently three shows on BlogTalkRadio, four once Vince takes over Monday nights. Vince will keep the Press One for Democracy name and will begin as soon as he’s available. Debilyn asked for help with setting up a Google Plus account and a Tumblr account.

Public and Member Relations

Tim updated the status of the Newsletter. He has a cover letter for next edition and enough content for the issue going out on the 15th. He still needs articles based in CP principles and updates for volunteer engagement. He still plans to add the following: the radio show lineup, a video featuring the Coffee Party question of the month with link, and a calendar of opportunity, which will connect members and readers of our Facebook page to opportunities for activism with other groups as well as with us. Jeanene will talk about the calendar of opportunity.  Debilyn asked who responds to emails sent in from newsletter. Debilyn and Tim will talk offline about follow up. The next deadline is the 25th.

Community Outreach & Engagement

Billy reported that a monthly calendar has been proposed for January – June. The next Work Group call is scheduled for Sunday at 7 p.m. ET.

Campaigns and Actions

Jeanene and Billy continue to work on a design process for future events.

IIWG

Debilyn reported that Amanda and Jordan are continuing to populate the new website.  She asked Directors to check out the development site. Jeanene requested that the site incorporate the Calendar of Opportunity. The next call will be Tuesday at 8:30 p.m. ET.

Legal/Accounting

Jeanene reported that the internal audit continues so an extension for submission of the Form 990 is being filed. The next work session will be Monday at 10am PT.

Board Development

Vince has contacted the current members of the Work Group and will be scheduling the bimonthly work group call. The results of the Bylaws review will go to Board Development for action and recommendation to the Board.

Strategy and Implementation

Debilyn is writing up a job description for the Advisory Board positions.  She reported that on-on-one calls are complete for Newsroom, Treasurer and Outreach/Campaigns, and Secretary.  Calls still need be to scheduled for Channels, PR & Member Communications, Fundraising, and Campaigns/Free the Elected.

Channels

Thanks to Tonya, organization memberships are in development.  Debilyn still needs a volunteer to create a database of organizations, contact info, etc.

Fundraising

The regular Work Group call still needs to be scheduled with Billy.  The goal is to get 1000 more voting members this fiscal year.

Volunteers

Debilyn reported that volunteers are continuing to find us and we continue to interview and suggest placement for new volunteers.

Tim checked out and left the meeting.

Executive Session

The board entered executive session. The board exited executive session with no action taken.

Closing

Members checked out.

The meeting adjourned at 10:11 PM EST.

The next meeting is scheduled for 9 PM EDT/6 PM PDT on November 19, 2014.

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Vince Lamb, Coffee Party USA Board Secretary

Approved 12/10/14

Advertisements