December 10, 2014

by JKL

  • P – Debilyn Molineaux (President, IIWG, Volunteers, SAI, Channels)
  • P – Jeanene Louden (Treasurer, Acting Campaigns and Actions)
  • P – Vince Lamb (Secretary and Board Dev)
  • P – Egberto Willies (Newsroom)
  • P – Billy Sears, (Community Outreach & Fundraising/Membership)
  • P – Tim Danahey (Public and Member Relations)

Opening

The meeting was called to order at 9:02 PM EDT.

Debilyn presided and Billy ran the Maestro Board.

Members checked in.

Minutes

Vince reported that minutes for November 12, 2014, and December 3, 2014, have been approved with four signatures.  The minutes for November 19, 2014 have been shared with Board members and need to be reviewed and approved.

Holiday schedule

The regular meeting scheduled for 12/24, Christmas Eve, has been cancelled. The meeting originally scheduled for 12/31, New Year’s Eve, has been rescheduled for Tuesday 12/30 at the normal time.

Executive Session

The board entered executive session.  The board exited executive session with no actions taken.

Conversation for the week

Debilyn and Tim reported on setting up a framework for “News Not Covered” that connects with our core issues.  One of the ideas was for a daily email that consolidates our postings on Facebook and elsewhere into a single email, much like Daily Kos’s and Common Dream’s daily digests.  This could be integrated into a newsletter.  Others included an anthology show with brief video reports from Board members.  A lively conversation ensued about these and related ideas. AR-Debilyn to send Tim the planning worksheet.

Newsroom

Egberto reported that the Newsroom is continuing to do well.  Last week, the Facebook page received 6,645 new likes for a total of 524,304 likes.  The page reached 10.6 million on Facebook.  The Newsgroup is looking into using additional social media platforms.  Work Group calls are Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET.

Legal/Accounting

Jeanene reported that the November financial report is still in the works.  She is almost done with the internal audit and did not want to turn her attention away from the process. She believes she will be able to provide the year end financials for FY 13/14 next meeting.  The next work group call is Monday at 10AM PT/1 PM ET.

Community Actions and Engagement (combined WG of Campaigns & Actions plus Outreach & Engagement)

Billy reported that Book Club activities are commencing.  He is setting up Amazon Associate Store for purchase of Nader book, as well as any future media we promote via book club and movie night activities.  He needs corporate tax information from Jeanene for input into Amazon Associates page (IRS Tax Address and Corporate type). He is seeing new interest from volunteers in helping to define what a Coffee Party Community is.  He is hoping to establish a WG chair in the next 30-60 days.  He is asking for “All Hands on Deck” for Community Actions and hopes to send out invitations to participate in Coffee Party Community Actions via Coffee Party networks.  Work Group calls are Sundays at 7 p.m. ET.

Public and Member Relations

Tim and Egberto reported on the upcoming Newsletter, the deadline for which was today.  They are still working on the regular features.  The deadline for the next issue is the 25th.

Internet Infrastructure

Debilyn is creating a document with all website content.  She is requesting assistance.  She is also meeting with Nationbuilder on Monday 12/15 at 11 AM PT regarding the new membership feature.  Tech is currently meeting per team, not in a work group by themselves

Board Development

The Elections Task Force will meet soon. Debilyn has sent the first draft of proposed Bylaws revisions to Vince and Jeanene. AR: Debilyn to schedule the Elections team meeting.

Strategy and Implementation

Debilyn needs help writing up job a description for Advisory Board.  She still needs to schedule for Channels, Public and Member Relations, Outreach, Internet Infrastructure, and SAI.  Work Group calls are Tuesdays at 7 p.m. ET.

Volunteers

Debilyn reported that there will be a forthcoming proposal to automate the volunteer system, eliminating the need for volunteer interviews.

Closing

Members checked out.

The meeting adjourned at 9:54 PM EST.

The next meeting is scheduled for 9 PM EDT/6 PM PDT on December 17, 2014.

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Vince Lamb, Coffee Party USA Board Secretary


Approved: December 30, 2014: 4 yes, 0 no, 2 abstain (Tim and Billy).

Advertisements