Board Meeting Minutes Coffee Party USA

INCITE CIVILITY AND REASON

Month: December, 2014

December 10, 2014

by JKL

  • P – Debilyn Molineaux (President, IIWG, Volunteers, SAI, Channels)
  • P – Jeanene Louden (Treasurer, Acting Campaigns and Actions)
  • P – Vince Lamb (Secretary and Board Dev)
  • P – Egberto Willies (Newsroom)
  • P – Billy Sears, (Community Outreach & Fundraising/Membership)
  • P – Tim Danahey (Public and Member Relations)

Opening

The meeting was called to order at 9:02 PM EDT.

Debilyn presided and Billy ran the Maestro Board.

Members checked in.

Minutes

Vince reported that minutes for November 12, 2014, and December 3, 2014, have been approved with four signatures.  The minutes for November 19, 2014 have been shared with Board members and need to be reviewed and approved.

Holiday schedule

The regular meeting scheduled for 12/24, Christmas Eve, has been cancelled. The meeting originally scheduled for 12/31, New Year’s Eve, has been rescheduled for Tuesday 12/30 at the normal time.

Executive Session

The board entered executive session.  The board exited executive session with no actions taken.

Conversation for the week

Debilyn and Tim reported on setting up a framework for “News Not Covered” that connects with our core issues.  One of the ideas was for a daily email that consolidates our postings on Facebook and elsewhere into a single email, much like Daily Kos’s and Common Dream’s daily digests.  This could be integrated into a newsletter.  Others included an anthology show with brief video reports from Board members.  A lively conversation ensued about these and related ideas. AR-Debilyn to send Tim the planning worksheet.

Newsroom

Egberto reported that the Newsroom is continuing to do well.  Last week, the Facebook page received 6,645 new likes for a total of 524,304 likes.  The page reached 10.6 million on Facebook.  The Newsgroup is looking into using additional social media platforms.  Work Group calls are Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET.

Legal/Accounting

Jeanene reported that the November financial report is still in the works.  She is almost done with the internal audit and did not want to turn her attention away from the process. She believes she will be able to provide the year end financials for FY 13/14 next meeting.  The next work group call is Monday at 10AM PT/1 PM ET.

Community Actions and Engagement (combined WG of Campaigns & Actions plus Outreach & Engagement)

Billy reported that Book Club activities are commencing.  He is setting up Amazon Associate Store for purchase of Nader book, as well as any future media we promote via book club and movie night activities.  He needs corporate tax information from Jeanene for input into Amazon Associates page (IRS Tax Address and Corporate type). He is seeing new interest from volunteers in helping to define what a Coffee Party Community is.  He is hoping to establish a WG chair in the next 30-60 days.  He is asking for “All Hands on Deck” for Community Actions and hopes to send out invitations to participate in Coffee Party Community Actions via Coffee Party networks.  Work Group calls are Sundays at 7 p.m. ET.

Public and Member Relations

Tim and Egberto reported on the upcoming Newsletter, the deadline for which was today.  They are still working on the regular features.  The deadline for the next issue is the 25th.

Internet Infrastructure

Debilyn is creating a document with all website content.  She is requesting assistance.  She is also meeting with Nationbuilder on Monday 12/15 at 11 AM PT regarding the new membership feature.  Tech is currently meeting per team, not in a work group by themselves

Board Development

The Elections Task Force will meet soon. Debilyn has sent the first draft of proposed Bylaws revisions to Vince and Jeanene. AR: Debilyn to schedule the Elections team meeting.

Strategy and Implementation

Debilyn needs help writing up job a description for Advisory Board.  She still needs to schedule for Channels, Public and Member Relations, Outreach, Internet Infrastructure, and SAI.  Work Group calls are Tuesdays at 7 p.m. ET.

Volunteers

Debilyn reported that there will be a forthcoming proposal to automate the volunteer system, eliminating the need for volunteer interviews.

Closing

Members checked out.

The meeting adjourned at 9:54 PM EST.

The next meeting is scheduled for 9 PM EDT/6 PM PDT on December 17, 2014.

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Vince Lamb, Coffee Party USA Board Secretary


Approved: December 30, 2014: 4 yes, 0 no, 2 abstain (Tim and Billy).

Advertisements

December 3, 2014

by JKL

  • A – Debilyn Molineaux, President, Volunteers & Members
  • P – Jeanene Louden, Treasurer and Managing Director
  • P – Vince Lamb, Secretary
  • P – Tim Danahey, Public and Member Relations
  • A – Billy Sears, Local Chapters
  • P – Egberto Willies, Newsroom

Opening

The meeting was called to order at 9:05 PM EDT.

Jeanene presided in Debilyn’s absence and ran the Maestro Board.

Members checked in.

Minutes

Vince reported that minutes for October 29, 2014, and November 5, 2014 have been approved by four Directors and have been posted.  The minutes for November 12, 2014, and November 19, 2014, have been shared with Board members and need to be reviewed and approved.

Bylaws Review

Review of the Bylaws is  underway. Debilyn sent a proposed first draft of revised bylaws to Vince and Jeanene.

Legal/Accounting

Jeanene reported that something has happened to access to our PayPal account. Consequently, the monthly financial report will be delayed until this issue has been solved.

Newsroom

Egberto reported that the Newsroom is working well and just had a very productive call.  The Facebook page currently has 517,936 likes, 5,317 more than last week, and a weekly reach of more than 10 million users.

Public and Member Relations

Tim thanked Egberto for putting out the latest issue of the newsletter.  The next issue will include Tim’s information and will go out on the 15th.  The format and recurring features the newsletter has currently are working for now, but he’s looking for improvements and additions.  Tim suggested that “Actions one can take” would be a better title than “A Calendar of Opportunity.”  One of the other other features planned would be a board member column.

Jeanene described her motivation and vision for the Calendar of Opportunity.  The idea was to give Coffee Party members and supporters a list of events and actions in which they could participate. It is organic: anyone and everyone should add events as they discover them.

Egberto talked about his article critiquing Lawrence Lessig’s PAC and comparing it to Move to Amend and Common Dreams. A discussion ensued about rules of engagement with other groups, including which groups to cooperate with. Tim also described his show with Richard Wolff, which earned a record number of listeners, and discussed future engagements with him including interviews on Coffee Party’s BlogTalkRadio channel.

Community Actions and Engagement

A calendar has proposed for January – June.  There will be one champion per month.  The next call will be Sunday at 7 p.m. ET.

Internet Infrastructure

Debilyn is creating a document with all website content.  She needs assistance. There is a meeting with Nationbuilder scheduled for Monday 12/15 at 11 a.m. PT regarding membership.

Board Development

The Board Development  Work Group will be forming the Elections Task Force and a meeting will be scheduled ASAP. The first order of business will be to review the 2015 election schedule that was released in conjunction with the 2014 election schedule in early May.

Strategy and Implementation

Calls still need to be scheduled for Channels, Public and Member Relations, Fundraising, Campaigns/Free the Elected, Outreach, IIWG, and SAI.  Calls for Strategy and Implementation are scheduled for Tuesdays at 7 p.m. ET. Debilyn is still writing up the job description for the Advisory Board, low on the priority scale right now.

Channels

Egbert gave a report from the Move to Amend meeting that he had just attended.

Fundraising

Jeanene reminded the Board that the goal is for 1000 more voting members this fiscal year.  She also gave the Board a heads up about a forthcoming proposal to automate the volunteer system, simplifying volunteer interviews and BOD follow up.

Holiday schedule

The regular meeting scheduled for Christmas Eve, has been cancelled. The meeting originally scheduled for New Year’s Eve has been rescheduled for Tuesday 12/30 at the normal time.

Closing

Members checked out.

The meeting adjourned at 9:52 PM EST.

The next meeting is scheduled for 9 PM EDT/6 PM PDT on December 10, 2014.

Respectfully Submitted,

Vince Lamb, Secretary of the Board of Directors

Approved December 17, 2014: 4 yes, 0 no, 2 abstain (Debilyn and Billy were not present at the meeting).

November 26, 2014

by JKL

No meeting.

November 19, 2014

by JKL

  • P – Debilyn Molineaux, President, Volunteers & Members
  • P – Jeanene Louden, Treasurer
  • P – Vince Lamb, Secretary
  • A – Tim Danahey, Public and Member Relations
  • A – Billy Sears, Community Actions and Engagement
  • P – Egberto Willies, Newsroom

Opening

The meeting was called to order at 9:03 PM EDT.

Debilyn presided and Jeanene ran the Maestro Board.

Members checked in.

Minutes

Vince reported that the minutes for November 5th have been approved and the minutes for November 12th have been posted and are awaiting review and approval.  Also, future postings will include the vote of approval, not approved, and abstentions.

Reports

Newsroom

Egberto reported that the Newsroom is continuing to do well.  Our reach is up to 11.6 million this week.  More than 8,000 Facebook users have liked the page this week for 506,000+ total likes, meeting the goal of 500,000 likes for the page set at the retreat.

Public and Member Relations

Egberto reported on the Newsletter, which went out this week.  We discussed what the regular features should be: a Board member column, a calendar which includes the Coffee Party events and Calendar of Opportunity, the standard things in newsletters such as the privacy policy, and invitations for membership and volunteering.

Deadlines for the newsletter are the 10th and 25th.  Debilyn and Egberto reported that ten offers to volunteer and at least three memberships came in response to the most recent issue.

Debilyn and Egberto also discussed GASB, the project Tim mentioned about the GAO mentioned last meeting.

Debilyn also discussed how to download Tim’s show featuring Egberto from SoundCloud so that it can be uploaded to BlogTalkRadio.

Community Actions & Engagement (combined WG of Campaigns & Actions plus Outreach & Engagement)

Debilyn has successfully handed off this Work Group to Billy.  A calendar of events has been proposed for January through June.

IIWG

Debilyn reported that regular calls have been canceled.  Jordan has resigned as Work Group chair while Amanda and Debilyn are working directly with one another. Debilyn is recruiting people for the work group. She invited the Board to look at the web development site. The suggestion was made again to incorporate the Calendar of Opportunity into the new site. There is a meeting with NationBuilder scheduled for Monday 12/1 at 11 a.m. PT.

Legal/Accounting

Jeanene reported that the internal audit continues and the extension has been filed.  She reported that memberships are continuing to come in faster than memberships are expiring, so membership continues to grow. The next Work Group call will be Monday at 10am PT.

Board Development

Vince has contacted the current members of the Work Group and will be scheduling the bimonthly work group call. He has contacted people with Board experience he knows. So far he has reached a former library Board member, a school Board member-elect, and a city council member-elect; all have shown interest.  He will contact another library Board member, who just happens to be his sister; she has asked about the Coffee Party before.  Other board members, such as Debilyn, are also seeking viable candidates for the Board of Directors.

Bylaws Review

Debilyn is working with Vince and Jeanene to schedule a work session call now that the Bylaws have been posted in review format.

Strategy and Implementation

Debilyn is still writing up the job description for Advisory Board members. She reported that on-on-one calls are complete for Newsroom, Treasurer, Outreach/Campaigns, and Secretary. Calls still need be to scheduled for Channels, Public and Member Relations, Fundraising, and Campaigns/Free the Elected. Work Group calls are Tuesdays at 7 p.m. ET beginning December 2nd.

Channels

Debilyn had nothing new to report. She repeated that organization memberships are still in development and she still needs a volunteer to create spreadsheet of organizations, contacts information, etc. Tim agreed to contact an associate that likes this kind of effort.

Fundraising

Jeanene reported that people are volunteering for this Work Group.  Once volunteers are interviewed, they are being directed to the work groups with weekly calls.  Calls are Mondays 7 p.m. ET beginning on January 5th.

Holiday schedule

Board meetings are currently scheduled for Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve, and New Years Eve. Debilyn asked if we should switch or cancel these dates. The decision was made to cancel the meetings on Thanksgiving Eve and Christmas Eve and reschedule the New Years Eve meeting to Tuesday, December 30th.

Executive Session

The board entered executive session.  No motions were made. The board exited executive session.

Closing

Members checked out.

The meeting adjourned at 9:58 PM EST.

The next meeting is scheduled for 9 PM EDT/6 PM PDT on December 3, 2014.

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Vince Lamb, Coffee Party USA Board Secretary

Approved 12/17/14

November 12, 2014

by JKL

  • P – Debilyn Molineaux, President
  • P – Jeanene Louden, Treasurer
  • P – Vince Lamb, Secretary
  • P – Tim Danahey, Public and Member Relations
  • P – Billy Sears, Community Groups
  • P – Egberto Willies, Newsroom

Opening

The meeting was called to order at 9:04 PM EDT.

Debilyn presided and Jeanene ran the Maestro Board.

Members checked in.

Resignation

Debilyn reported that Tonya Jefferson has resigned, effective immediately. Tonya told Debilyn that her schedule does not allow her to fully participate. We set up a Facebook chat to thank Tonya for her for her service.

Minutes

Vince reported that the minutes for October 29th have been approved.  The minutes for November 5th have been posted and are awaiting review and approval.  Jeanene is still updating the WordPress blog. Debilyn will change the board website to include a link to WordPress only, removing the minutes by date.

Planning

Directors brainstormed ideas for monthly events and how to get the news about these events out to the membership. Tim proposed a project about the GAO board, calculating subsidies to know what cost is to cities. We engaged in a conversation about supporting the project and what that would mean as well as how to engage the membership. Tim will write a proposal and bring it back to the board at a future meeting.

Reports

Newsroom

Egberto reported that the page has achieved a reach of 10 million views this week.  The Newsroom team is working very well. There are currently three shows on BlogTalkRadio, four once Vince takes over Monday nights. Vince will keep the Press One for Democracy name and will begin as soon as he’s available. Debilyn asked for help with setting up a Google Plus account and a Tumblr account.

Public and Member Relations

Tim updated the status of the Newsletter. He has a cover letter for next edition and enough content for the issue going out on the 15th. He still needs articles based in CP principles and updates for volunteer engagement. He still plans to add the following: the radio show lineup, a video featuring the Coffee Party question of the month with link, and a calendar of opportunity, which will connect members and readers of our Facebook page to opportunities for activism with other groups as well as with us. Jeanene will talk about the calendar of opportunity.  Debilyn asked who responds to emails sent in from newsletter. Debilyn and Tim will talk offline about follow up. The next deadline is the 25th.

Community Outreach & Engagement

Billy reported that a monthly calendar has been proposed for January – June. The next Work Group call is scheduled for Sunday at 7 p.m. ET.

Campaigns and Actions

Jeanene and Billy continue to work on a design process for future events.

IIWG

Debilyn reported that Amanda and Jordan are continuing to populate the new website.  She asked Directors to check out the development site. Jeanene requested that the site incorporate the Calendar of Opportunity. The next call will be Tuesday at 8:30 p.m. ET.

Legal/Accounting

Jeanene reported that the internal audit continues so an extension for submission of the Form 990 is being filed. The next work session will be Monday at 10am PT.

Board Development

Vince has contacted the current members of the Work Group and will be scheduling the bimonthly work group call. The results of the Bylaws review will go to Board Development for action and recommendation to the Board.

Strategy and Implementation

Debilyn is writing up a job description for the Advisory Board positions.  She reported that on-on-one calls are complete for Newsroom, Treasurer and Outreach/Campaigns, and Secretary.  Calls still need be to scheduled for Channels, PR & Member Communications, Fundraising, and Campaigns/Free the Elected.

Channels

Thanks to Tonya, organization memberships are in development.  Debilyn still needs a volunteer to create a database of organizations, contact info, etc.

Fundraising

The regular Work Group call still needs to be scheduled with Billy.  The goal is to get 1000 more voting members this fiscal year.

Volunteers

Debilyn reported that volunteers are continuing to find us and we continue to interview and suggest placement for new volunteers.

Tim checked out and left the meeting.

Executive Session

The board entered executive session. The board exited executive session with no action taken.

Closing

Members checked out.

The meeting adjourned at 10:11 PM EST.

The next meeting is scheduled for 9 PM EDT/6 PM PDT on November 19, 2014.

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Vince Lamb, Coffee Party USA Board Secretary

Approved 12/10/14

November 5, 2014

by JKL

  • P – Debilyn Molineaux, President, Volunteers & Members
  • P – Jeanene Louden, Treasurer
  • P – Vince Lamb, Secretary
  • P – Tim Danahey, Public and Member Relations
  • P – Tonya Jefferson, Channel Partnerships
  • A – Billy Sears, Community Groups
  • A – Egberto Willies, Newsroom

Opening

The meeting was called to order at 9:04 PM EDT.

Debilyn presided and Jeanene ran the Maestro Board.

Members checked in.

Minutes

Vince reported that the minutes for October 15, 2014, and October 22, 2014, have been approved. The minutes for October 29, 2014 have been shared and are awaiting review and approval. Jeanene posted the ByLaws as updated and approved on October 23, 2013, to the minutes blog.

Treasurer’s Report

Date 10/1-31/2014
Income – PayPal 1,272.00
Income – non PP* 1,009.60
Income 2,281.60
Expense – Bank 2,206.52
Credit Card Bal 1852.36
Reserve Acct Bal 0.00
Expense – PayPal 70.62
Expense 4129.50
PayPal Balance 26.81
US Bank Balance 323.77
PayPal to USB 125.00
Total Cash 475.58

*deposit from house in CO, Indiegogo deposit and mail in memberships

Monthly events

Debilyn announced that a new work group, Monthly Events, has been formed. One of the ideas is a Bill Club modeled after a book club. Its next meeting is Sunday, 7 p.m. ET. Jeaneane described a proposed project to make a video using voices of CP people saying “I want Congress to…”

Newsroom

Debilyn reported that our Facebook page has reached a record number of likes (490,923 at time of meeting). Engagement last week was nearly 10 million. This week it’s almost six million. She also reported that Dan has resigned from Coffee Party membership and from his show on Coffee Party Radio. Bobby R. is stepping up for a Tuesday night show starting with Election Night Coverage. Dan’s Monday night slot is still open. Deadlines for the newsletter are on the 10th and 25th. The next workgroup call will be Wednesday 8 p.m. ET.

Public and Member Relations

Tim reported that he had Egberto on his show this week. He has composed a cover letter for the next newsletter, which needs articles based in CP principles and updates for volunteer engagement. Items to add to the newsletter include Coffee Party radio show lineup and a Calendar of Opportunity. Jeanene and Debilyn will submit an article with a photo of the Board to the newsletter.

Community Outreach & Engagement

Debilyn repeated the news that an upcoming Monthly Events Work Group was formed.

Campaigns and Actions

Jeanene is working with Billy on a design process for future events based upon their debriefing on the Movie Night experience. She wants to work with Tonya, Billy and others on the Calendar of Opportunity.

Internet Infrastructure Work Group

Debilyn repeated her request for the Board to look in the FB group for posting on new web design and her progress report on the website redesign that were are getting the bare bones of a new site design. The previous meeting was cancelled but the next call is scheduled for Tuesday 8:30 p.m. ET.

Legal/Accounting

Jeanene reported that the internal audit continues and we may still make the filing date for our 990. The next call will be Monday at 10am PT/1 PM ET.

Board Development

Vince has scheduled a Bylaws review call with Debilyn next Friday the 7th at 2:30 PM EST. He will work with Jeanene and Debilyn on this project.

Strategy and Implementation

Debilyn is writing up the job description for the Advisory Board. One-on-one calls have been  completed for Newsroom, Legal/Accounting and Outreach/Campaigns. Calls for Channels (scheduled for Friday 11/7) and Secretary (scheduled for Friday 11/7) are pending.

Channels

Tonya is working on organization memberships.

Fundraising

This Work Group is yet to be scheduled.

Volunteers

Debilyn reported that volunteers are continuing to find us and are being vetted.

Board Meeting and Communication

Debilyn checked Director availability and decided to keep our meetings on Wednesday nights. She led a discussion on how well the FB group is working between meetings.

Executive Session

The board entered executive session.  The board exited executive session with no action taken.

Closing

Members checked out.

The meeting adjourned at 10:05 PM ET.

The next meeting is scheduled for 9 PM EDT/6 PM PDT on November 12, 2014.

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Vince Lamb, Coffee Party USA Board Secretary

Approved 11/12/14

October 29, 2014

by JKL

  • P – Debilyn Molineaux, President, Volunteers & Members
  • P – Jeanene Louden, Treasurer and Managing Director
  • P – Vince Lamb, Secretary
  • A – Tim Danahey, Public and Member Relations
  • A – Tonya Jefferson, Channel Partnerships
  • A – Billy Sears, Local Chapters
  • P – Egberto Willies, Newsroom
  • P – Cameron Michaels (Kruger), (Guest)

Opening

The meeting was called to order at 9:05 PM EDT.

Debilyn presided and Jeanene ran the Maestro Board.

Members checked in.

Resignation

The board accepted Cameron’s resignation, thanked him for his service, and wished him farewell. Cameron thanked the Board for their support and left the call.

Advisory Board

Debilyn asked the board three questions about an Advisory Board: Do we need one? What would we want them to do? Who would we like to invite?  This led to a lively discussion in response.  The sense of the Board what that the Coffee Party could use advisors as a source of ideas and advice.  Directors also suggested possibilities for Advisory Board members.

Minutes

The minutes for both October 15 and October 22 have been posted and are awaiting review and approval.  The minutes for October 1 have been approved.

Planning

Debilyn tabled this topic until the next meeting.

Reports

Newsroom

Egberto reported on the continuing success of the Newsroom which achieved a reach of more than 10 million since the previous meeting and now has 489,000+ likes.  Egberto also reported on the progress of getting the first new issue of the newsletter out.  The next Newsroom call is Wednesday 8 p.m. ET.

Community Outreach & Engagement

Debilyn gave a recap of Coffee Party Movie Night, including the Blog Talk Radio interview of the film’s director.

Campaigns and Actions / Community Outreach

Jeanene reported that she and Billy were working on coordinating outreach and campaigns and actions.

Internet Infrastructure

Debilyn told the Board to look at the FB group for a posting on the new web design.  She reported that Jordan is asking the right questions, jumping to Phase 2.  The next Internet Infrastructure Work Group call is Tuesday at 8:30 p.m. ET.

Legal/Accounting

Jeanene reported that progress on the internal audit is continuing and she is optimistic that the Form 990 will be complete and filed on time.  The call for the Work Group is Monday at 10am Pacific.

Strategy and Implementation

Debilyn requested 1-1 calls for each work group to create a project plan so the board can then integrate the bigger picture.

Channels

No report.

Board Development

Vince has scheduled a Bylaws review call with Debilyn next Friday the 7th at 2:30 PM EST.

Fundraising

No report.

Volunteers

Debilyn reported that volunteers are continuing to find us.  She noted that developing our project plans will provide a way for us to put them to work.

Board Meeting and Communication

Debilyn is scheduling a new weekly meeting time, either weekday evenings or weekend days, and asked us to indicate availability on a normal basis.  She also asked how the Facebook group is working for members between meetings.

Executive Session

The board entered executive session.  The board left executive session with no action taken.

Closing

Members checked out.

The meeting adjourned at 10:12 PM EDT.

The next meeting is scheduled for 9 PM EDT/6 PM PDT on November 5, 2014

 

Respectfully submitted:

Vince Lamb, Secretary of the Board of Directors

Approved 11/12/14

October 22, 2014

by JKL

  • P – Debilyn Molineaux, President, Volunteers & Members
  • P – Jeanene Louden, Treasurer
  • P – Vince Lamb, Secretary
  • A – Tim Danahey, Public and Member Relations
  • A – Tonya Jefferson, Channel Partnerships
  • A – Cameron Michaels (Kruger), IIWG Director, Acting Development
  • P – Billy Sears, Community Groups
  • P – Egberto Willies, Newsroom

Opening

The meeting was called to order at 9:07 PM EDT.

Debilyn presided and Jeanene ran the Maestro Board.

Members checked in.

Minutes

The minutes for both October 1 and October 15 have been posted and are awaiting review and approval.

Meeting Time

Debilyn asked for the members to fill in the table in the agenda for meeting times.  She wants to see if a new meeting time will increase attendance.

Feeling “Stuck” and Getting “Unstuck”

Debilyn asked the following three questions: What are our obstacles?  What do we need to unlearn?  Who can we call for help? These questions initiated a discussion about going forward.

Work Group calls

Debilyn asked which Work Groups have regular meetings.  Currently, both Newsroom and IIWG are holding regular meetings.  Legal and Accounting have an active project. She asked which work groups could have regularly scheduled meetings.  In particular, she brought up Campaigns and Actions, Strategy and Implementation, and Board Development.  She thought a regular calendar or a Google Doc with the schedule of meetings would be a good thing to use.  Vince suggested monthly calls for Board Development as well as monthly or biweekly calls for Bylaws revisions. Billy was not sure he needs regularly scheduled meetings for Community Groups yet.  Debilyn will contact a volunteer to set up the calendar.

Work Group Plans

Debilyn also requested that all board members  please submit 1-page plans for their work groups this weekend.

Reports

Newsroom

Debilyn commended the Newsroom for 6.5 Million people reached during the past seven days, up 347.3%, and Engagement (unique people) of 549.6K, up 247.2%.

Outreach

Deblilyn reported that there would be a Movie Night interview this weekend pending confirmation from filmmakers.

Closing

Members checked out.

The meeting adjourned at 9:58 PM EDT.

The next meeting is scheduled for 9 PM EDT/6 PM PDT on October 29, 2014

Respectfully Submitted,

Vince Lamb, Coffee Party USA Board Secretary

Approved 11/5/14

October 15, 2014

by JKL

  • L – Debilyn Molineaux, President, Volunteers & Members
  • P – Jeanene Louden, Treasurer
  • P – Vince Lamb, Secretary
  • A – Tim Danahey, Public and Member Relations
  • A – Tonya Jefferson, Channel Partnerships
  • P – Cameron Michaels (Kruger), IIWG Director, Acting Development
  • P – Billy Sears, Community Groups
  • L – Egberto Willies, Newsroom

Opening

The meeting was called to order at 9:06 PM EDT.

The meeting began with Jeanene presiding and Vince running the Maestro Board.  When Debilyn joined the call at 9:25, she took over running the meeting and Jeanene took over running the Maestro Board.

Members checked in.

American Journey Movie Night

Billy reported on Coffee Party Movie Night.  He has been shipping out orders, between 25 and 30 so far.  He stated that the organization has broken even on the DVDs and estimated that it has made $100 on the event so far.  He wants the board members to watch “American Journey” as well so they can lead by example.

Jeanene reported that Debilyn was going to host the BlogTalkRadio interview with the film’s creators on the 25th.

Minutes

Vince reported that minutes from October 1, 2014, have been posted for review and approval.  All previous minutes have been approved and posted by Jeanene to the blog.

Treasurer

Jeanene reported that the internal audit continues. There should be no issue in filing the organization’s Form 990 (non-profit tax return) on time.  She also reported that CT Corporation has failed the Coffee Party again, as it sent IRS information to the person who was Treasurer in 2010, two treasurers ago, so we have asked our lawyer for recommendations for another D.C.-based firm as the organization’s registered agent.

Weekly Meetings

Debilyn joined the call at this point.  She led a discussion about the possibility of the board resuming having weekly meetings.  It was a consensus decision of the members present that weekly meetings resume beginning October 22nd.

IIWG

Billy reported that Jordan needs Google Analytics for website (Debilyn/Egberto has this information).  Jordan also questioned for timeline for new content, including the newsletter.

Debilyn will follow up with information about what is new content and what is will be created (mostly Community Outreach & Engagement).  Jordan and Billy will work on fixing the broken links.  They are currently working to improve website, cleaning up the storefront.

Community Groups

Billy reported that he was going to meet with Jeanene and Debilyn to coordinate the filmmaker interview.

Newsroom

Jeanene and Debilyn reported that the Newsroom is still looking for more volunteers so that the current work group members are not overworked.  The group’s goal is 1,000,000 views per week.

Egberto joined the call.

Volunteers

Debilyn reminded the us that there is a document listing potential volunteers who have been vetted and need to be contacted by Board members and work group chairs to help.  She asked if work group calls should be scheduled.

Executive Session

The board entered executive session.  The board left executive session with no action taken.

Closing

Members checked out.

The meeting was adjourned at 10:08 PM EDT.

The next meeting is Wednesday, October 22nd at 9 pm ET / 6 pm PT.

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Vince Lamb

Coffee Party USA Board Secretary

October 1, 2014

by JKL

Pending