December 18, 2013
The 8:00 PM meeting was called to order at 8:35 PM EDT (as soon as quorum was present).
Check-ins were conducted with short personal updates by board members.
- P – Eric Byler, President
- P – Egberto Willies, Vice President
- A – Jeanene Louden, Treasurer and Managing Director
- P – Dan Aronson, Channel Marketing
- L – DeLann Williams, Pathways to Participation (joined at 7:30pm CST)
- P – Cameron Michaels (Kruger), Development and Fundraising
- A – Justin Brown, Internet Infrastructure
- A – John Cashon – resigned as of this meeting.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Viridian Cares
- TPP Initiative
- AR Review
Minutes – John Cashon has resigned as of this meeting, leaving two vacancies on the board.
Treasurer’s Report – No financial report was provided in Jeanene’s absence.
Vacancies – Brainstorming Candidates
- Egberto recommends Bobby Rodrigo and Debilyn Molineaux.
- Cameron Kruger recommends Bernadette Evangelist.
- Eric Byler recommends Tiffany Espinosa.
- Del Williams recommends Vince Lamb as Secretary (he was Secretary on the Interim Board).
- The challenge is to manage volunteers instead of doing it ourselves
- Justin Brown is in need of Internet Infrastructure volunteers
- Del notes that he was sent a volunteer several months ago as was Cameron and neither one contacted this fellow. P2P does not function as the hiring manager for the other directors or their work chairs. This issue of responsiveness when volunteers are passed along does need to be resolved.
- She noted that another step will be added to process of P2P volunteers (someone will check back).
- Development / Viridian Cares
- Cameron noted that Viridian Cares will provide a marketing expert to assist in the development of a strategic plan for Coffee Party USA. Meeting included representatives of Social Help Online, Viridian Cares, and Coffee Party. Board members voiced support that this is the priority project.
- Cameron requested Board Members to work with him over the holidays to launch.
- 435 / 535 and Nation Builder
- Coffee Party has resource constraints (money and Nationbuilder-qualified volunteers) to launch our 535 Campaign.
- Represent.US has a similar program, “435” for the Anti-Corruption Act, that we could support instead via a landing page on Coffee Party website.
- Represent Us has put us on hold temporarily. Josh Silver will re-engage when they are ready.
- Concern about people taking action into a digital dead-end.
- No action taken.
- TPP initiative
- Email will be sent out surveying our membership about the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) as an issue for Coffee Party tonight.
- Debilyn will assist Dan.
- Results will be available on Friday.
- AR review
- Del will create a Google doc with volunteer names.
- Del will alert board members when names are added.
- Eric will invite Jeanene and Justin to recommend Board candidates.
- all Board members – review priority order of board candidates and invite the first two.
- Cameron will also look into setting up swag/merchandise for Coffee Party.
Next meeting to be on January 8, 2014, then every two weeks.
The meeting concluded at 8:41 p.m. ET with personal checkouts.
Secretary to the Board of Directors