April 21, 2014
Meeting called to order at 10:07 PM EDT, Monday April 21, 2014.
Participants checked in.
- P – Eric Byler, President
- P – Jeanene Louden, Treasurer and Managing Director
- P – Dan Aronson, Channel Partnerships
- P – Cameron Michaels (Kruger), Development and Fundraising
- P – Justin Brown, Internet Infrastructure
- P – Debilyn Molineaux, Volunteer & Membership Services
- P- Vince Lamb, Secretary
- A- Egberto Willies, Vice President
Jeanene was presiding.
Debilyn ran the Maestro Board.
- Vote of confidence – Eric Byler as BOD president.
- Vote of confidence -Annabel Park as a Content creator.
Vote of confidence about Eric as BOD president was delayed to another meeting.
Vote of Confidence – Annabel Park as a Content Creator
- The Event
A text message that was initiated as a meeting reminder, and included Coffee Party Board members and non-Coffee Party attendees, was inappropriately used by Annabel Park. For two hours she used Eric Byler’s phone, never revealing her identity, to conduct a combative conversation about our fundraising initiative. The ruse ended when Eric texted that he had just discovered that Annabel was using his phone.
- The Discussion Included
- Steps taken to date by Eric to separate Annabel from access
- Why Annabel might behave in such an inappropriate manner
- Other acts of malice in the past
- Threat of “war” from Annabel if we proceed
- COI – re Story of America posting and tweeting
- Appropriate role of the Founders
- A separation plan
- Preservation of the dignity of all involved
- Meeting with Annabel to resolve this issue.
- The Decision
MOTION: That we proceed with the separation plan, that we review the document about the founders, and that we request a meeting with Annabel.
Motion PASSED: 6 yes, 0 no, 1 abstain (Eric, with support) and 1 not present (Egberto)
- It was recommended that any discussion until the next meeting be held on BigMarker for the sake of transparency.
- Vince Lamb led checkout.
- The next meeting was set for Tuesday, April 29, 7:00 PM EDT.
- Meeting adjourned at 11:30 PM EDT.