April 1, 2014
Meeting was started at 7:07 p.m. ET
- P- Eric Byler, President (absent for mid-60 minutes of the call)
- P- Egberto Willies, Vice President
- P- Jeanene Louden, Treasurer and Managing Director
- P- Dan Aronson, Channel Partnerships
- P- Cameron Michaels (Kruger), Development and Fundraising
- A- Justin Brown, Internet Infrastructure
- P- Debilyn Molineaux, Volunteers
- A – Vince Lamb, Secretary
Eric started the meeting and Jeanene took over about 20 min into the call
Jeanene and Cameron ran the board
Board members conducted personal check-ins for about 30 seconds each.
- Financial Report
- Development Report
- Tech Team Report
- Proposal – Coffee Party Movie Night
Minutes – Eric Byler
- He is slowly making progress, starting with most recent and working backwards. Nothing available to review yet.
- Handing over to Vince Lamb during next two weeks.
Financial Report – Jeanene
- All bills are current, including $500 payment to debt service and about $3000 left in the bank.
- Auto-renewals are happening, some people are canceling their auto-renewal, but not asking for their money back.
- Don’t know what this means, need to inquire.
- Ideas are welcome for any new expenses that would be helpful, like ScoopIt premium.
- AR: Bring Scoop.it back to premium, call and see if we can get a special deal and save money. Eric to call and inquire about a deal.
- Working on a new budget to propose in the near future.
Development and Fundraising Report – Cameron
- Earth Day calendar in draft mode
- Allows for input of local events / activity calendar
- Potential that people who participate in Earth Day events be a good audience for Viridian Cares
- Create a Coffee Party video intro to put in front of the Residual Fundraising Program video
- Concerns that the videos are too long
- Coffee Party is focused on encouraging customers, not gathering associates.
- Focus on voting with your budget, using green energy and bonus of supporting Coffee Party
- Anyone who chooses to become an associate would be mentored by Coffee Party upline, not board members.
- This would be an opt-in program, only. Coffee Party would not solicit for associates
- Viridian Cares legal and compliance department must approve any email blast we send out to our supporters
- sample email copy was reviewed, still needs approval
- “nonprofit capitalism” language may be a barrier
- Four directors volunteered to assist with email blast campaign, different copy samples
- Copy must be matched to each state, since all states have their own regulations
- email lists have been created by state in preparation for a campaign after the initial test.
- Review of timeline for Viridian Cares launch
- push for test prior to launch, using different messages to small groups of people each and development of a schedule
- Encourage board members to attend Friday planning call
- Caution about setting expectations too high
TECH TEAM REPORT
- Jeanene is scheduling a new tech team call for Justin
- Tentative schedule Tuesday, April 8, 8:30pm Eastern
- Egberto recommends that we host recordings for these meetings on something other than BlogTalk. Maybe SoundCloud. Maybe YouTube (not our main channel)
AR: research alternate technology and set up a new account – Dan
MEETING SCHEDULE – Jeanene
- It was determined that the current day/time worked for most members and we would check with Vince Lamb for his schedule.
[Eric left the meeting]
PROPOSAL – Coffee Party Movie Night – Debilyn
- Provide members and local organizers an event
- includes interview with filmmakers
- promo piece already created for Coffee Party
- Working with distributor for pricing, likely $15 per DVD
- lower price for 500+
- Include membership with a movie purchase ($30)
- DVDs and streaming available
- Recruiting volunteers to assist with execution
- Could be a regular feature, including Story of America along with other films
MOTION: Accept Coffee Party Movie Night proposal
Motion was made by Egberto, seconded by Jeanene and passed unanimously.
Board members checked out.
Meeting adjourned at 8:52 p.m. ET
The Minutes Team