May 8, 2013

by JKL

Posted by John Cashon on May 22, 2013
http://www.coffeepartyusa.com/may_8_2013
Reposted here on May 17, 2014

CALL TO ORDER AND NOTE OF ATTENDANCE

The Big Marker call was called to order by President Eric Byler at about 5pm PST. The attendance of other Directors is noted below. A quorum was present. We all took 30 seconds to check in.

  • P– Eric Byler, President
  • P– Egberto Willies, Vice President, Director for Campaigns and Actions
  • P– Jeanene Louden, Treasurer
  • P– John Cashon, Secretary
  • P– Michael Charney, Director for Strategy and Organizational Design
  • P– Dan Aronson, Director At Large
  • A– DeLann Williams, Director for Pathways to Participation
  • P– Cameron Kruger, Director for Development
  • P– Justin Brown, Director for Internet Infrastructure

MINUTES are posted – John Cashon

The board went over new ideas and changes to improve the minutes, and it was decided to add some of our webpage insights numbers.

FINANCIAL REPORT – Jeanene Louden

Jeanene went over the changes that she has be making to the ledger which is a cleaner design than before and more organized, and she told the board that she may have found a good volunteer to help her with the process. She has also been working making ledger adjustments for the 501(c)4. Jeanene mentioned that we are behind the curve until the Free the Elected fundraiser begins.

MANAGING DIRECTOR’S REPORT – Jeanene Louden

Jeanene went over her new GOALS spreadsheet for showing the status and ownership of our projects. As far as our Email Blasts from NSB, Jeanene asked about the timing for getting away from them and doing only in Nation Builder, and it was determined that we are still moving data between the two systems. Jeanene talked with Eric, Egberto and Michael about a need for a volunteer to take care of sending out Email Blast for our Blogtalkradio shows.

It was also determined that we needed to changed our Facebook Membership link from BSD to Nation Builder and an action item was created for Egberto to take care of this.

PRODUCT (ACTIONS) – Egberto Willies

Egberto discussed the progress of the 535 Project, and we learned that the infrastructure and communities were still being developed in Nation Builder. Eric and Michael spoke about the need to create a secondary plan while waiting for the infrastructure development, and Egberto will be working with Michael on creating ideas. Jeanene wanted to expand on the ‘Free the Elected’ campaign by looking for partnerships, and she will be creating an outline for getting this moving. 

FUNDRAISING/MARKETING – Cameron Kruger

Cameron began by getting the board’s opinion for making ‘Free the Elected’ a rally cry or new slogan, before talking about his ‘Go out to Dinner’ card campaign. He went over the procedures for a mass mailing and he also showed the board the Promo Guidelines in a PowerPoint file.

Cameron moved on to our need to create a Donation Page and his work on a client mail merge. Also, he reiterated our need for the Coffee Party to achieve more mass media exposure.

Cameron concluded by listing some items that could be done at this time for the ‘Go out to Dinner’ card campaign:

  • Finalize the graphics to be used.
  • Look for a mail merge program.
  • Have Eric create a video-trailer for the campaign.
  • Each member on the board could donate to receive their own card.

TECHNOLOGY – Justin Brown

Justin went over his Stakeholder and Self-Analysis report and thanked Eric for his help. He explained the plans to have live conversations on radio shows and is beginning with Chod Lang. Justin asked, as an action item, for all of the board to answer the questionnaires that he sent to us.

Concerning the IT side of the 535 Campaign, Justin went over what he has been doing with the 535 technology, and he asked us to send him any ideas that we had.

CHANNEL MARKETING – Dan Aronson

Dan went over the process for getting board approval on projects from our local chapters, such as the ShameTheCongress campaign request from the Big Apple Coffee Party. Questions regarding the process for approaching others were raised and Dan informed the board of his plan to create a form in Nation Builder for sending requests to the Coffee Party. Justin is going to help Dan get this setup after he learns the fields that would be required. Once the form was done, they would be routed to Justin to move them forward.

MEDIA AND CONTENT – Eric Byler

Eric explained the problem in our Coffee Party News Scoop.it page that is not showing the individuals that are posting. He is working on getting it cleaned up so that more control of the page could be maintained. Eric described the work that he has been doing on the Story of America project and how it has been keeping him extremely busy.

RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT – Michael Charney

Michael described the process that he and John Cashon created for starting the Coffee Party Educators project. A Facebook Page and Group will be created, along with a Scoop.it page to highlight articles and promos. Michael also explained the progress for getting the Civics and History Minute promo segments started, and he showed the board his written proposal for the project. Everyone was asked to look over the proposal and come up with ideas if they had them.

SCHEDULE NEXT MEETING AND ADJOURN

The next meeting will be held May 22nd, 2013 in Big Marker, at 5pm Pacific (8pm Eastern). We all took 30 seconds to check out, and all mics were opened so we could say goodbye to one another or as we say in Kentucky, “Have a good one!”

RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED:

John Cashon

Secretary of the Board of Directors

 

Advertisements