June 19, 2013

by JKL

CALL TO ORDER AND NOTE OF ATTENDANCE

The Maestro call was called to order by President Eric Byler at about 5pm PST. The attendance of other Directors is noted below. A quorum was present. We all took 30 seconds to check-in.

P– Eric Byler, President
A– Egberto Willies, Vice President, Director for Campaigns and Actions
P– Jeanene Louden, Treasurer
P– John Cashon, Secretary
P– Michael Charney, Director for Strategy and Organizational Design
P– Dan Aronson, Director At Large
P– DeLann Williams, Director for Pathways to Participation
L– Cameron Kruger, Director for Development
L– Justin Brown, Director for Internet Infrastructure

MINUTES are posted – John Cashon

Motion: Michael asked that the board decide on the minutes before posting and a vote was taken. It was a unanimous vote in favor of John sending the draft version to the board to be approved before making them public on the Coffee Party USA website.

FINANCIAL – Jeanene Louden

Jeanene went over the financials to the board and highlighted that we had a net gain since the last meeting. She also discussed a PayPal problem concerning unusual merging fees but she was able to fix the problem so that it would not be an issue in the future.

FREE THE ELECTED FUNDRAISING – Cameron Kruger

The first promotion that went out was discussed and it was decided that it did well. Concerning the second promotion, Michael asked if there was a schedule showing when it would be released. Jeanene stated that sending the schedule out to the board would be no problem and would take care of getting the schedule sent.

STAFFING: DEBILYN STATUS & JOB DESCRIPTION

Debilyn Molineaux does contract work for Coffee Party USA on a monthly basis, and Eric wanted all the board members to learn how her different job descriptions could help each of us. Eric stated that he believes it is important that we  all have a positive relationship with Debilyn, which could help each of us further our goals. Jeanene followed by stating that she would create a doc to share with the board showing how we could set our schedule for including Debilyn to help.

VOLUNTEER LIFE CYCLE PROJECT – DeLann Williams

Del shared her Life Cycle Stages document with the board and explained each step of the process. She asked the board to consider Liability Insurance for certain specialty volunteers.

Highlighting certain areas of the Volunteer Life Cycle Project, Del discussed sections from this list:

  • Orientation Process
  • Policy and Procedures
  • Unhappy Volunteers
  • Non-profit training
  • Other training
  • Termination & Transition Process

As far as filling volunteer requests, Del mentioned that she has not received many requests. She thought it would be a good idea to think about PR and Marketing to help fill recruitment needs. Michael pointed out that, with Nation Builder, each board member could also do research in our system to locate volunteers that would fit with the projects.

535 BETA TEST – Justin Brown

Justin began by  going over what he with Jeanene and Egberto were doing concerning the 535 Beta Test. They are getting help from Marketing and PR to help get more volunteers, and Justin described how he has built-out the 535 district seats.

Justin and Egberto are both using their own districts as volunteers to enter information. Also, updates are being posted and actions required for volunteer help has been sent. Justin believes that with the feedback from the pilot program, we will be able to learn a lot from it, so that we can apply for future efforts.

Jeanene said that a ‘Call to Action’ should be used to get engagement, and she believes that we need to be flexible to create the best page. She stated that it is urgent that we get a working package out to the public as soon as possible. Michael asked if a lite version was ready for us to be able to view, and Jeanene answered that she would create a doc showing the preparation of the Lite Version that was in the works and that each one of us was able to join in the process.

Justin asked what Frank Kirkwood’s role was concerning the Lite Version and Jeanene stated that she called and asked if he was interested in also working with that version of the 535 Project. Jeanene said that Frank was interested.

Eric brought up the need to contact specific volunteers and asked if they would be interested with helping enter information for their districts to help get the Lite Version started. If we receive good information, Eric stated that the radio shows could help promote it, along with our social media sites.

SCHEDULE NEXT MEETING AND ADJOURN

The next meeting will be held July 3rd, 2013 in Maestro, at 5 pm Pacific (8 pm Eastern). We took 30 seconds to check out, and all lines were opened so we could say goodbye to one another or as we say in Kentucky, “Have a good one!”

RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED:
John Cashon
Secretary of the Board of Directors

Advertisements